How do you spend your bonus money?


One of the big perks about working in Corporate America (besides health insurance, regular paychecks, employee discounts, etc.) is getting a big fat yearly bonus! Granted, these aren't guaranteed and some years they are not as "fat" as others, but it is still nice to get a little extra money that wasn't planned in the budget.

One of the big topics my co-workers and I discuss around the water cooler is how we will by spending our bonus money. Some blow it all on vacations, or the newest i-gadget on the market. As you can likely guess, I take a more conservative approach.

First of all, I always put 75% of any bonuses I receive directly into savings or investments. (Super boring, I know...) That leaves me with 25% of the bonus to use as "fun money." How do I spend it? 

BOWLING - Sometimes I will treat myself and some friends to a day of bowling. I love bowling but it can get expensive so it is not something I do every day. Of course, Wii bowling is free and can be done at home in my pajamas, but it just isn't quite the same as going to an alley and enjoying a day of fun with friends.

BINGO - Bingo is one of my guilty pleasures that I will sometimes splurge on if I have some extra cash on hand. I normally go to some nice church and play there, but you can also play online at places like GalaBingo. I've enjoyed Bingo since I was a kid! Granted, my luck here is dismal and I don't think I have ever won anything, but I still find the game lots of fun!

CLOTHES - I am not one to spend a lot of money on clothes. I do a lot of my shopping through Salvation Army. However, I will be the first to admit there are times when my wardrobe can use a bit of professional help. So if I have a little bonus money on hand, sometimes I will use some of it to go to one of the higher-end shops and have a trained sales associate pick out a few nice outfits for me. I have to admit - this is fun and I see how people get addicted and blow tons of money at the mall each year! LOL!

TRIPS - If I know I have a vacation coming up, sometimes I will boring and practical with my extra bonus money and put the money in my vacation account... then enjoy some super-awesome activity or experience while out of town.

RISKY INVESTMENT - I love investing but I prefer to invest in relatively safe, dividend producing investments. If there is a riskier investment I want to invest in, I will use 'found money' such as from selling items around the house or from my bonus at work. That way, if I lose it I do not feel I lost my "regular" money.

 Does your employer give bonuses where you work? If so, how do you spend those bonuses?

4 comments:

Jeremy Norton said...

I usually spend my bonus on a home furniture or appliances that everyone in the family will enjoy.

Simon said...

I think everybody should spend bonus money in occasion. thanks.

Anonymous said...

coach purses, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, nike free, true religion jeans, air max, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, ralph lauren, air jordan, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban, polo ralph lauren, coach factory, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store, coach outlet, nike free, toms shoes, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, true religion, louboutin, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, longchamp, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet

Anonymous said...

birkin bag, new balance shoes, air max, karen millen, vans, celine handbags, soccer shoes, yoga pants, herve leger, mont blanc, ferragamo shoes, louis vuitton, ghd, insanity, chi flat iron, hollister, oakley pas cher, hogan, valentino, marc jacobs, nike air max, asics gel, mulberry, louis vuitton, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, ralph lauren, p90x3, burberry, north face outlet, hermes, lancel, reebok outlet, michael kors, converse shoes, lululemon, rolex watches, jimmy choo, montre pas cher, soccer jerseys, timberland, juicy couture outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike free, louboutin, abercrombie and fitch, supra shoes, mcm handbags, bottega, louis vuitton

Post a Comment

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. TheSingleSaver.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information or any damages arising from its display or use. No content may be reproduced without permission from TheSingleSaver.com.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Hostgator Coupon Code
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...